The rainbow flag has been the co-operative emblem since 1921. Like the rainbow, this flag is a symbol of hope and peace
Each of the seven colours in the flag has a special meaning for co-operators.
- Red stands for courage.
- Orange offers the vision of possibilities.
- Yellow represents the challenge that greed has kindled.
- Green indicates a challenge to strive for membership growth.
- Sky Blue suggests far horizons, the need to provide education and help the less fortunate, and unity with all peoples of the world.
- Dark Blue represents the less fortunate who can learn to help themselves through co-operation.
- Violet represents warmth, beauty, and friendship.